Kimberley Hall, Moats Tye,
Stowmarket, Suffolk. IP14 2EZ
Tel & fax 01449 677766
Terms & Conditions of Letting
Reservations are accepted on the following conditions
1. For bookings made more than four weeks before arrival, a deposit of 25 % of the total tariff is payable at the time of booking, the balance being payable not less than four weeks before commencement of the booking.
2. For bookings made less than four weeks before arrival, the total tariff is payable at the time of booking.
3. Once a confirmation of booking has been issued the hirer is responsible for the total tariff. In the event of cancellation, which must be in writing, refund of tariff, less any loss or expense incurred, will only be made if the owner is able to re-let the accommodation.
4. The accommodation is furnished to the owner's taste and standards and no responsibility will be accepted should this differ from the hirer's taste or standards. The owner has taken care to ensure that the accommodation and contents are safe and in good order. The use of the accommodation and contents is entirely at the user's risk and the owner will not accept responsibility, of any kind, for injury to hirer's or third parties or loss or damage to their belongings, cars or contents or any personal possessions. The owner cannot be held responsible for any seasonal invasion of insects or pests, or breakdown of appliances or electrical failure.
5. All breakages must be reported to the owner. Damage caused during the period let is the responsibility of the hirer and must be paid for at a sum agreed with the owner before vacation of the accommodation.
6. Linen is changed between tenancies. Hirers staying for more than one week will be supplied, on request, with clean linen each week.
7. No more than the maximum number of persons, as stated in the owner's brochure, may occupy the property, unless agreed with the owner in respect of small children.
8. The hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take all reasonable care of it. All equipment and utensils shall be left in a clean condition and the property shall be left clean and tidy at the end of the hired period.
9. Smoking is not allowed in the cottage for the benefit of future hirers who do not smoke and as a fire risk precaution.
10. Pets are the responsibility of the hirer and must be kept under strict control at all times. Pets are not allowed upstairs or on soft furnishings.
11. These conditions of hire shall be for holiday purposes only and shall not confer upon the hirer any right of occupation within the meaning of the Rent Act 1974 as amended or any statutory modification thereof.
12. The owner reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.